Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I'm Dzianis, a licensed radio ham holding the callsign DD1LD. I love to take this hobby with me wherever I may roam. The blog "QTC de DD1LD" means "Messages From Me" and reflects my ham radio activities and projects. I barely have time to write everything down, so I blog occasionally, and mainly, for myself. You can subscribe to the blog below to receive updates when new posts are available. 73 and enjoy reading!

Featured post

GoGreen XOTA

GoGreen XOTA? What on earth does it mean? There are thousands of ham radio operating awards available, some of them offer a great way to...

Monday, June 01, 2020

CQ WW WPX CW Contest

I actually wanted to tackle the WPX CW contest seriously. Unfortunately, it was not possible for various reasons, but I don't want to bore you with all that either. My "strategy" was pretty simple - to have a lot of fun and joy and to do at least 1000 QSOs. The score was not important to me. The goals have been achieved!

I installed a new dipole for 40m/80m on Saturday afternoon, because some needed components only arrived on Saturday morning. I didn't have time for 160m, there was also enough for me to fetch on the other bands. The total operation/participation time was less than 20 hours.

I almost forgot how much fun a WPX CW contest can be. I enjoyed good propagation conditions on all bands and long openings on 10m. All the points go to the Bavarian Contest Club.
 
 
My raw score CQ WW WPX CW 2020,
DD1LD SINGLE-OP ALL LOW ASSISTED 

73 de Dzianis, DD1LD

No comments: