Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I'm Dzianis, a licensed radio ham holding the callsign DD1LD. I love to take this hobby with me wherever I may roam. The blog "QTC de DD1LD" means "Messages From Me" and reflects my ham radio activities and projects. I barely have time to write everything down, so I blog occasionally, and mainly, for myself. You can subscribe to the blog below to receive updates when new posts are available. 73 and enjoy reading!

Featured post

GoGreen XOTA

GoGreen XOTA? What on earth does it mean? There are thousands of ham radio operating awards available, some of them offer a great way to...

Thursday, June 18, 2020

After-work-activation of DLFF-0756


June 18th, 2020. Short activation report of DLFF-0756.

Spontaneously I decided to take advantage of a nice weather window and activate another New One - Hochmoor am Kesselse, DLFF-0756. 
The propagation conditions were very poor. The 20/30m bands were almost useless, I wasn't even lucky this time to get a NA callsign in my log. The signals at 40m were weak and were negatively influenced by ambient noise from car traffic and QRM (from a gravel plant?). I had to struggle for every QSO. I wanted to give up after 100 QSOs but decided to do a short run in SSB on 40m and 80m. The 80m band was much quieter where I collected the last 24 QSOs with solid reports. I will keep the 80m-band as an option for future after-work-activations.

Operating location in DLFF-0756,
GPS coordinates 48°04'00.66"N 12°09'59.91"E.

Altogether I gathered 140 QSOs in ~2.5 hours of operating time. I will have to find another quieter operating place next time.

Short statistics:
  • Operating time: ~2.5 hours
  • 40m - 100 QSO, 80m - 24 QSO, 20m - 11 QSO, 30m - 5 QSO
  • CW - 106 QSO (76%), SSB - 34 QSO (24%)
  • Unique callsigns: 125 
  • P2P: 4
  • WWFF Activator Award Points: 3
Mni tnx all chasers fer QSO!
73 es 44 de Dzianis, DD1LD/P

No comments: