Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I'm Dzianis, a licensed radio ham holding the callsign DD1LD. I love to take this hobby with me wherever I may roam. The blog "QTC de DD1LD" means "Messages From Me" and reflects my ham radio activities and projects. I barely have time to write everything down, so I blog occasionally, and mainly, for myself. You can subscribe to the blog below to receive updates when new posts are available. 73 and enjoy reading!

Featured post

GoGreen XOTA

GoGreen XOTA? What on earth does it mean? There are thousands of ham radio operating awards available, some of them offer a great way to...

Thursday, June 25, 2020

GoGreen Activation: DLFF-0755 at the Speichersee

Tuesday, June 25th, 2020. Short GoGreen activation report. 
  
The last activation (see below) of the new DLFF-0755 didn't make my happy. I felt I would have to go back soon. The next opportunity came on June 25th. This time I opted for the low power option and packed my LP station in the bike trailer. I started with 24 QSOs at 20m and then spent most of my time on 40m. As soon as the run rate on 40m deteriorated significantly after 161 QSOs, I decided to switch to 80m and culminated my activation with 18 QSO in SSB.  I could definitely get more QSOs, but it was time to go. The low power and fair-to-good propagation on 40m allowed me to collect 14 QSOs with Russian and 13 QSOs with Ukranian stations.  My conclusion: LP is more fun than QRP 😀, but too heavy for longer bike tours.

 My operating spot in DLFF-0755 on June 25th, 2020. 
I had a lot of fun with LP and a dipol.

 My operating spot in DLFF-0755 on June 25th, 2020.
 GPS coordinates: 48°12'08.8"N 11°42'40.2"E
Short summary and statistics for DD1LD/P:
  • Date: June 25th, 2020 
  • GoGreen distance: 20 km by bike
  • Equipment: LP + dipol
  • Participation time: ~ 3 hours
  • DXCC worked: 32
  • Top countries worked: DL (52 QSOs) and SP (26 QSOs)
  • Continents worked: 3
  • DX: NA, UA9, 4X
  • WWFF areas: 1x non-unique (re-activation)
  • WWFF reference: DLFF-0755
  • WWFF-valid QSOs: 203
  • Unique callsigns: 190
  • WWFF activator points: 4
  • P2P: 6
Mni tnx all chasers fer QSO!
73 es 44 de Dzianis, DD1LD/P

Tuesday, June 16th, 2020. Short GoGreen activation report.

Thanks to Manfred, DF6EX and Ric, DL2VFR, a new DLFF-0755 (Vogelfreistätte südlich der Fischteiche der Mittleren Isar) reference was quickly added to the DLFF list. It is the oldest nature reserve in the Munich district, where birds like to nest in the wetland. I didn't want to wait too long and used the first opportunity to activate the "New One". According to the weather forecast, it would rain all week, however I would have a few hours without rain on Tuesday afternoon. I decided to take a risk, and packed my bike. Kirian saw me packing and wanted to accompany me. Well, it would slow things down a bit, but there was nothing to argue about.  It's 20 km there and back and I was sure that Kirian (3 and 1/3 years old) would make it. I announced my activity through the WWFF agenda and we started. 

I started calling at 16:20 UTC and I collected 20 QSOs on 20m and 30m in 30 minutes. The propagation was poor. I switched to 40m hoping for a nice run.  I immediately recognized a high level of noise(?) I recognized QRN, but there was something else. I looked around and saw a overhead power lines right in front of my nose. What a sh#t!  I had 
  • poor propagation conditions, 
  • QRN,
  • QRM,
  • QRP,
  • and not an optimal time.
 
My operating spot in DLFF-0755 on June 16th, 2020. 
GPS coordinates 48°12'09.4"N 11°42'40.3"E

I ended up with 54 QSOs in 1 1/3 hour, 49 in CW and only 6 in SSB. Although the activation of the New One was successful and I even logged KD1CT in SSB, it was a tedious undertaking! I was deaf and could not receive any weak signals. I am sorry for those chasers who have not found their way into my logbook.

Kirian covered his first 20 km by bike and felt good, and that was the best achievement today! We'll be back for another GoGreen activation soon.
Mni tnx all chasers fer QSO!
73 es 44 de Dzianis, DD1LD/P

No comments: