Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I'm Dzianis, a licensed radio ham holding the callsign DD1LD. I love to take this hobby with me wherever I may roam. The blog "QTC de DD1LD" means "Messages From Me" and reflects my ham radio activities and projects. I barely have time to write everything down, so I blog occasionally, and mainly, for myself. You can subscribe to the blog below to receive updates when new posts are available. 73 and enjoy reading!

Featured post

GoGreen XOTA

GoGreen XOTA? What on earth does it mean? There are thousands of ham radio operating awards available, some of them offer a great way to...

Friday, July 31, 2020

GoGreen Activation of the Echinger Lohe, DLFF-0700

July 31st, 2020. Short activation report. 

It was going to be a very hot day.  The Echinger Lohe, DLFF-0700 would be a suitable shady place for activation on a hot day with the sun shining.  So, the decision was easy - GoGreen activation of DLFF-0700.

The forest in the Echinger Lohe is undergoing an enormous change. It was used intensively by humans until after the WW II. The name "Lohwald" already suggests that the oak bark in particular was extracted. With this "Lohrinde" (oak bark) animal skins were tanned into leather. The 23.7 ha area was designated as one of the first natural forest reserves in Bavaria in 1978. There is a 100 m × 100 m research area in the reserve. All trees are permanently marked and numbered there. The development of the individual trees and the deadwood, which is important for many animal and mushroom species, is examined at regular intervals by the Bavarian State Institute for Forests and Forestry.
 
 
One of the entrances to the Echinger Lohe, DLFF-0700.
 
I easily found a suitable place at the edge of the forest, however, the QRP operating was tough. The propagation was poor, and the tall trees also weakened my weak QRP signals. The logbook was filling up slowly. In order to use the time most efficiently, I also chased other WWFF activators. I took a short break and strolled through the fairytale forest for a while. Definitely an interesting place to visit on a hot summer day!
 
 
 Log statistics, DD1LD/P @ DLFF-0700 on July 31st, 2020. 

After reaching the "enough is enough" point, I quickly packed up my things and headed home for dinner. Cycling was the most fun today 👍, radio operation was less pleasant 👎.
 
 
My shady operating spot at the Echinger Lohe, DLFF-0700. 
GPS: 48°18'2"N 11°38'49"E
 
Short summary and statistics for DD1LD/P:
  • Date: July 31st, 2020 
  • GoGreen distance: 57 km by bike
  • Equipment: 5W QRP + EFHW
  • Participation time: ~ 5 hours
  • Operation time: 2 1/3 hours
  • DXCC worked: 28
  • Top countries worked:  DL (22x), I (18x), ON (11x)
  • Continents worked: 3 (EU, NA, AS)
  • DX: K and UA9
  • WWFF areas: 1x unique (not activated by myself before) and rare
  • WWFF reference: DLFF-0700
  • WWFF-valid QSOs: 115
  • Unique callsigns: 101
  • WWFF activator points: 2
  • P2P: 8 (more than usual 👍) 
Mni tnx all chasers and activators fer QSO!
73, 77 de Dzianis, DD1LD/P

No comments: