Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I'm Dzianis, a licensed radio ham holding the callsign DD1LD. I love to take this hobby with me wherever I may roam. The blog "QTC de DD1LD" means "Messages From Me" and reflects my ham radio activities and projects. I barely have time to write everything down, so I blog occasionally, and mainly, for myself. You can subscribe to the blog below to receive updates when new posts are available. 73 and enjoy reading!

Featured post

GoGreen XOTA

GoGreen XOTA? What on earth does it mean? There are thousands of ham radio operating awards available, some of them offer a great way to...

Thursday, July 09, 2020

GoGreen Activation of DLFF-0642 in Fröttmaning

July 9th, 2020. GoGreen activation report of the Südliche Fröttmaninger Heide, DLFF-0642.

This was a spontaneous after-work activation. I needed some exercise, and a bike ride was just right in the hot summer weather. For some reason, the Südliche Fröttmaninger Heide, DLFF-0642 remained a still rarely activated WWFF area (by 169 OSOs in SSB so far). It wasn't far from my home, and 45km by bike is a nice route.  I packed my QRP station, announced my activity at short notice and set off in the hope of a nice short pileup.
 
 
 Short stop at the Heidehaus.  The construction costs of the house are 400.000€ (!?)

I needed some time to find a suitable operating spot. There were many ants everywhere, so that I needed several tries to find a suitable place. Finally, I found a nice place in the shade with an open spot for the antenna.

Make nature your shack - my operating spot in the Südliche Fröttmaninger Heide, DLFF-0642.
GPS coordinates are: 48°12'60"N 11°36'33"E.

I started on 20m and had a nice run in SSB, the propagation was good! Then, down to 30m with moderate success and, finally, down to 40m. The propagation on 40m was weak at the beginning, but significantly improved around 16:00 UTC.  

This time I decided to try TNXQSO.com, and it was fun! The live log, info and chat were available to chasers in real time. It gave chasers the opportunity to check whether they got in the log or not before desperately calling me a second or third time. This makes perfect sense, especially if QRP is used. However, of course, not everyone took a look into it. Unfortunately TNXQSO isn't available for iOS. For this purpose, I reactivated my old Odys Winpad and connected it to the iPhone. I had to get used to the new logging and operating procedures, but finally I liked it. Anyway, I will continue to experiment with TNXQSO.com.
 
OSO statistics from my activaton of DLFF-0642.
Live log, statistics, info and chat were available at TNXQSO.com 
 
The propagation conditions were fair-to-good, the run rate was decent, so, I decided to operate longer than planed. The participation time was ~3.5 hours, the real operating time was about 2 and 3/4 hours. I QRTed as soon as the run rate dropped significantly. I'm happy with the result, which is pretty good for an after-work QRP activation.
 
17:30 UTC was time to leave my nature shack. It was a lot of fun. 
Fröttmaninger Berg and Allianz Arena in background. 
GPS coordinates are: 48°12'60"N 11°36'33"E.

Short summary and statistics for DD1LD/P:
  • Date: July 9th, 2020 
  • GoGreen distance: 45km by bike
  • Equipment: QRP + EFHW
  • Participation time: ~ 3.5 hours
  • DXCC worked: 26
  • Top countries worked: DL, I and SP
  • Continents worked: 2
  • DX: NA
  • WWFF areas: 1x unique (not activated by myself before) and rare
  • WWFF reference: DLFF-0642
  • WWFF-valid QSOs: 180
  • Unique callsigns: 160
  • WWFF activator points: 4
  • P2P: 4
Mni tnx all chasers and activators fer QSO!
73 es 44 de Dzianis, DD1LD/P

No comments: