Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I'm Dzianis, a licensed radio ham holding the callsign DD1LD. I love to take this hobby with me wherever I may roam. The blog "QTC de DD1LD" means "Messages From Me" and reflects my ham radio activities and projects. I barely have time to write everything down, so I blog occasionally, and mainly, for myself. You can subscribe to the blog below to receive updates when new posts are available. 73 and enjoy reading!

Featured post

GoGreen XOTA

GoGreen XOTA? What on earth does it mean? There are thousands of ham radio operating awards available, some of them offer a great way to...

Friday, August 30, 2024

Scandic Tour 2024 - Part IV

2024-08-25. Hjelmen, LA/RL-309, 206m, 1 point.  On the to Stavanger on Sunday we had some time for outdoor activities and walked to the Hjelmen, which was right on our way. The short walk is easy and family-friendly, and the views of the fjords are awesome. The weather changed constantly between sun and rain, it felt like every quarter of an hour or so. Of course, it started to rain as soon as I sent my first CQ into the ether 😁. The propagation was like a roller coaster ride, the signals on 17/20m were changing from zero to S9 and then back to S0. In total, 21 QSOs in CW were logged in 25 minutes of operating time.  


The view point on the Hjelmen, LA/RL-309.

2024-08-26. Hirtshals FyrARLHS DEN-017. This was a purely technical activation of the Hirtshals lighthouse for the GMA Triathlon during our family trip to the lighthouse and to the WW2 bunker museum before we began our long journey home. I was lucky to get 7 QRP QSOs in CW on 20m in 10 minutes of calling CQ while the rest of the family enjoyed their breakfast. Overall, it is a really interesting, historical and educational place, a worthwhile spotlight, and where our children had a lot of fun. 

Hirtshals Fyr, ARLHS DEN-017.

2024-08-26. Lysnet, OZ/OZ-008, 131m, 1 point. It was nothing more and nothing less than a quick QRP activation as a stopover on the way home. Lysnet is the ninth highest point in Denmark, I would not describe this hill as interesting or attractive, however, it was another unique for me. There is a OZFF next to the summit, but we didn't have time for it. In less than 20 minutes of operation, 20 QSOs were made on 20m, the reference was successfully activated in CW, and I called it a day. This was the last activation in Scandinavia as we still had a long way home ahead of us.


Short stop and last activation at the the Lysnet hill, OZ/OZ-008. 

Tnx all es 73 de Dzianis, OZ/DD1LD

No comments: