Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I'm Dzianis, a licensed radio ham holding the callsign DD1LD. I love to take this hobby with me wherever I may roam. The blog "QTC de DD1LD" means "Messages From Me" and reflects my ham radio activities and projects. I barely have time to write everything down, so I blog occasionally, and mainly, for myself. You can subscribe to the blog below to receive updates when new posts are available. 73 and enjoy reading!

Featured post

GoGreen XOTA

GoGreen XOTA? What on earth does it mean? There are thousands of ham radio operating awards available, some of them offer a great way to...

Saturday, January 05, 2008

SOTA - winter season opened

A beautiful day... My first winter activation...

A spontaneous decision to go to mountains was actually not really spontaneous. Totally overworked and tired I needed fresh air like a fish needs water and also some exercise. A couple of days ago I chosen some interesting summits, which could be easily hiked in wintertime, then I was just waiting for a nice weather. And what a wonderful weather we had today! In the morning I briefly glanced at a thermometer and at the sky, and one hour later I was driving my car to the Bavarian south.

Three summits were put on my list – Schwarzer Berg (DL/MF-082) and Fentberg (DL/MF-083), and eventually Stadlberg (DL/MF-086). I enjoyed this wonderful weather and idyllic surroundings so much that I decided to skip the third summit at all. No hectic, no stress, a few people (and even one inquisitive ham). What one does want more? The way to Schwarzer Berg was a bit hard to drive because of steep narrow roads covered with snow. A right path to Fentberg was not easy to find, but at the second try the summit was finally conquered.

On the way to Fentberg

Operating from Fentberg

My rich pickings I got on Friday, the 4th January are 8 points (2 regular + 6 bonus) and 23 QSO in CW on 40 meters. Almost the same people…

73 de Dzianis, DD1LD/p

P.S. My father always says: “A time spent for hobbies never will be counted by God among lifetime.”

No comments: