Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I'm Dzianis, a licensed radio ham holding the callsign DD1LD. I love to take this hobby with me wherever I may roam. The blog "QTC de DD1LD" means "Messages From Me" and reflects my ham radio activities and projects. I barely have time to write everything down, so I blog occasionally, and mainly, for myself. You can subscribe to the blog below to receive updates when new posts are available. 73 and enjoy reading!

Featured post

GoGreen XOTA

GoGreen XOTA? What on earth does it mean? There are thousands of ham radio operating awards available, some of them offer a great way to...

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Blomberg & Co. activated

A hard tour...
Inspired by the previous activation I was waiting for a sunny weekend to hike Blomberg and Zwieselberg. A good weather was promised on Sunday, and Maria and me were looking forward to having a great day. Shortly after 11 AM we were at the Blomberg cableway. We spontaneously decided to go up Blomberg by the cableway and walk down to the valley. First stop was Heigelkopf (DL/BE-002), after that we went back to Blomberg (DL/BE-001). The strong West-South wind on Heigelkopf was driving Maria crazy, I was having my 12th QSO when she said that she was feeling cold. The pile-up was still huge, but… Sorry guys, you will understand me.

DD1LD/p operating on Heigelkopf (DL/BE-002)

On the way to Zwieselberg (DL/BE-003)

On Blomberg we took advantage of trees shielding us from the wind. The sun as well as our good mood appeared again. 11 QSO in CW on 40m were well done and we made our way forward to Zwieselberg (DL/BE-003). The sun, a great view, and a very strong wind expected us on the summit. We spent app.15 minutes for 18 QSO, took a couple of nice pictures and left Zwieselberg.

Operating on the Zwieselberg (DL/BE-003) with Maria

Next stop over – Stallauer Kopf (DL/BE-058) – is a small bare place of no interest. After 11 QSO were performed from there, we were going to finish our SOTA expedition, but as a surprise for both of us Stallauer Eck (DL/BE-006) came towards us. After last 6 QSO were rapidly done, we ran to Bad Heilbrunn as fast as we could, which we achieved at nightfall (app. 5 PM). The last summit cost a critical half hour so that we lost our way two times because of darkness. Last 4 kilometers from Bad Heilbrunn to the cableway were quite annoying… but anyway it was a great tour! I just promised Maria to choose something less exhausting if she ever wants to join me again :-)
The whole equipment did a great job! Our hard prey are 35 points, 5x4 (regular) + 5x3 (bonus).

Sunset from Stallauer Eck (DL/BE-006)

73 de Dzianis DD1LD/p es Maria

P.S. DD1LD/p in action...

No comments: