Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I'm Dzianis, a licensed radio ham holding the callsign DD1LD. I love to take this hobby with me wherever I may roam. The blog "QTC de DD1LD" means "Messages From Me" and reflects my ham radio activities and projects. I barely have time to write everything down, so I blog occasionally, and mainly, for myself. You can subscribe to the blog below to receive updates when new posts are available. 73 and enjoy reading!

Featured post

GoGreen XOTA

GoGreen XOTA? What on earth does it mean? There are thousands of ham radio operating awards available, some of them offer a great way to...

Saturday, September 16, 2023

GoGreen High Speed Climbing & Haming

Date: September 16th, 2023, GoGreen Triple Activation by 1x WWFF and 2x SOTA 

It was a fantastic solo day tour that lasted from 5am to 9pm in total. The plan was to run the Hindelanger via ferrata from Nebelhorn to Grosser Daumen and activate DL/AL-076 (W. Wengenkopf, 2235m) and AL-077 (Grosser Daumen, 2280m) which are in DLFF-0230 (Allgäuer Hochalpen). My goal was to succeed triple activation by achieving at least 100 GoGreen QSOs/points, 50 QSOs from each peak in a very limited time. 

I very enjoyed this ridge walking, it was high speed climbing & haming, just the way I like it. The start time of the run was 9:45am at Nebelhorn and the finish time was 4:00pm at Höfatsblick, with the amateur activities lasting approximately 1.5 hours. I estimate I lost about half an hour because some climbers were stuck in traffic at the few key points. Anyway, that was pretty sporty, wasn't it? 💪😉 In total I made 107 GoGreen CW QSOs in in just over an hour on 20m and 30m bands. The propagation was good enough. No operating on other bands due to the very limited time. I still have to calculate the GoGreen Miles. The total travel time by train, including some delays, was 7 hours 😒.  Too much, the Deutsche Bahn always has problems with punctuality and reliability!? 

Ridge walking (marked in red) is a sporting challenge and always good for my soul. 
More info about the Hindelanger via ferrata.  


The Hindelanger via ferrata is pretty easy (B/C level), but quite long. The number of climbers was okay for a sunny Saturday, so I quickly arrived at Wengenkopf, DL/AL-076.


Operating from Wengenkopf, DL/AL-076. 53 CW QSOs were gathered in 30min of operating time on 20/30m. DX was EA8. Nebelhorn (deleted SOTA) is in the background. The operating spot was pretty tight, I only had to use two radials.


"Make nature your shack". Operating from Grosser Daumen, DL/AL-077. 54 CW QSOs were gathered in 40min of operating time on 20/30m. DX was TF3.  Brilliant operating spot. I would have liked to stay longer and relax a bit, but I had to hurry... 


Running back to Höfatsblick. Hochvogel, DL/AL-030 (activated by me) is in the background. 
Great weather!  Fantastic day! Mission complete!  I simply love the Allgäuer Alps 💖.

Tnx all fer QSO es 73, 77 es 44 de Dzianis, DD1LD

No comments: