Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I'm Dzianis, a licensed radio ham holding the callsign DD1LD. I love to take this hobby with me wherever I may roam. The blog "QTC de DD1LD" means "Messages From Me" and reflects my ham radio activities and projects. I barely have time to write everything down, so I blog occasionally, and mainly, for myself. You can subscribe to the blog below to receive updates when new posts are available. 73 and enjoy reading!

Featured post

GoGreen XOTA

GoGreen XOTA? What on earth does it mean? There are thousands of ham radio operating awards available, some of them offer a great way to...

Sunday, February 10, 2008

SOTA - last activations

3 February 2008. Two “one point” mountains close to Miesbach were activated, both are quite boring. The first one is DL/MF-084 (Wallenburger Kogel). 18 QSO in CW on 40 meters were done. The second one DL/MF-086 (Stadlberg) was activated in the course of BBT (Bavarian Mountain Day). Stadlberg has a good view northward bound, but some trees toward the west. 44 QSO on 2 meters in SSB with ODX of 536 km (JO31OM) were collected in one and half hour with 6 watts output power. The log has been submitted for both BBT and SOTA entries.
Total score is 2x(1+3) = 8 points.
62 QSO were done: 18x20mxCW and 44x2mxSSB.

Worked locators in BBT from JN57WS (red) .

9 February 2008. The remaining three summits in the Blomberg & Co. area were finally activated - DL/BE-004 (Enzenauerkopf), DL/BE-005 (Angerlkopf) and DL/BE-036 (Fahrtkopf, first activation). It was a nice long walk on a beautiful sunny day. I only met two people during the whole walk… I had all these summits for myself only and enjoyed peace and solitude. But I suffered first losses – some one animal stole one radial I was away for a couple of minutes. I assume it was a huge crow I saw (and hear) in a near tree. Incredible!
The total score gathered is 3x4 (regular) + 3x3 (bonus) = 21 points.
35 QSO were done: 15x30mxCW and 20x40mxCW.

Operating in snow on DL/BE-005 (Angerlkopf).

10 February 2008. DL/MF-025 (Setzberg) was first activated. QSO: 15 on 40m in CW and 2 on 2m in FM. It was a quite hard and risky tour because of deep snow and glazed ice on the north side, but a fantastic view offered a reward. Just a few of people dared to climb Setztberg in winter time. I was QRV for a short time on 7.028 (QRM), because Andy, DL2DVE and his family already were expecting me.

Setzberg is waiting for its first activation. North side.

DL/MF-025 (Setzberg) conquered... A view towards Tegernsee.

Later DL/MF-026 (Wallberg) was hiked together with Andy, DL2DVE. A great weather and beautiful surroundings made our SOTA activities more pleasant. Andy successfully tested his just assembled KX-1 on 40 meters with overall output power of 3-4 watts. Due to the WPX RTTY contest and QRM Andy shifted to 7.002 MHz. We operated in CW, tried in SSB and were QRV on 2 meters in FM. We tested and discussed about various antenna concepts and we also have to think about QRP band filters (especially for KX-1) if we want to operate on different bands simultaneously. Many curious passers-by asked us what we were doing, Andy and me did some publicity for SOTA and for ham radio, too. We all enjoyed that wonderful day very much! Pictures are coming soon...

Two stations were on the air from Wallberg DL/MF-026.

28 QSO were done: 12x30mxCW (by DD1LD/p), 9x40mxCW (by DL2DVE/p), 3x40mxSSB (by DD1LD/p) and 4x2mxFM (by DL2DVE/p).
Total score is 2x(6+3) = 18.

73 de Dzianis, DD1LD/p

P.S Many thanks to all the chasers who worked us!

No comments: