Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I'm Dzianis, a licensed radio ham holding the callsign DD1LD. I love to take this hobby with me wherever I may roam. The blog "QTC de DD1LD" means "Messages From Me" and reflects my ham radio activities and projects. I barely have time to write everything down, so I blog occasionally, and mainly, for myself. You can subscribe to the blog below to receive updates when new posts are available. 73 and enjoy reading!

Featured post

GoGreen XOTA

GoGreen XOTA? What on earth does it mean? There are thousands of ham radio operating awards available, some of them offer a great way to...

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

VK9DNX & ARRL CW 2007

If you don’t already know, there is a DX expedition to Norfolk Island (VK9) from February, 15 to March, 3 organized by several BCC-members. During the CW ARRL International DX contest last week we got VK9DNX in CW on 80m and 160m. It’s a great feeling to have succeeded in making a QSO on 160m with VK9, the signals were quite weak but clear. Thanks to Ben, DL6RAI who exactly knew the best suitable time and frequencies. I hope I’ll catch VK9DNX on other bands too.

In a word, we all (Hajo - DJ9MH which call we used, Matthias - DK4YJ, Ben - DL6RAI and me – DD1LD) had a lot of fun contesting on weekend. We made 2820 net QSO on five bands, achieved 221 US state and Canadian provinces and a score of 1 869 660. In addition all of us got VK9DNX on 160m and 80m and other bands too.

No comments: